Workplace Investigations: Principles and Practice
Workplace Investigations: Principles & Practice is an essential guide for HR professionals, employment lawyers and workplace investigators.
Edited by Paula Hoctor and Dr Michael Robertson
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Workplace Investigations: Principles & Practice is the conduct of workplace investigations has become commonplace in Australian workplaces over the last decade. The recent rapid growth and evolution of a fair, robust and reliable workplace investigation process, which can withstand the scrutiny of courts and tribunals, calls for the clear articulation of the principles, processes and practices in this important and expanding area.
Written by a team of highly experienced legal and investigations professionals Workplace Investigations: Principles and Practice details fundamental legal principles and accepted practices and processes for workplace investigations.
- provides clear articulation of the principles, processes and practices in workplace investigation
- examination of specialised investigations such as those arising from bullying and sexual harassment allegations
- written by highly experienced legal and investigations professionals
- Catanzariti & Egan, Workplace Bullying, 2015
- LexisNexis, Annotated Fair Work Act and Related Legislation 2017 Edition
- Naughton, The Shaping of Labour Law Legislation: Underlying Elements of Australia’s Workplace Relations System, 2017
Table of contents
- Workplace Investigations and the Emergence of an Australian Profession
- Workplace Investigation Overview
- Initial Considerations and Steps
- Planning the Investigation
- Management of a Successful Workplace Investigation
- Drafting Allegations
- The Requirement of Procedural Fairness
- Categories and Sufficiency of Evidence in Workplace Investigations
- Gathering Evidence
- Conducting Workplace Investigation Interviews
- Legal Professional Privilege
- Workplace Investigator Ethics
- Writing and Submitting the Investigation Report
- Investigations into Allegations of Bullying
- Sexual Harassment Investigations
- Disability Discrimination Investigations
- Investigations Involving Allegations of Criminal Conduct
- Investigations Involving Allegations of Corruption
- Public Interest Disclosure and Whistleblower Investigations
- Assessing Workplace Culture Following Allegations of Improper Conduct
Quick Reference Card – Anti-Discrimination Law in the WorkplaceRelease Date: June 01, 2016AUD$ 24.00
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th edition and Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 4th edition (Bundle)Release Date: July 01, 2019AUD$ 248.00
Workplace BullyingAUD$ 121.79