Workplace Health and Safety Law in Australia, 2nd edition
An introduction to the law of workplace health and safety in Australia, offering clear concise commentary on all aspects of related law
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Workplace Health and Safety Law in Australia provides an introduction to the law of workplace health and safety in Australia, and offers clear concise commentary on all aspects of related civil and criminal law. The book sets out the wide range of legal obligations employers and managers must understand to provide a safe and compliant workplace, including discussion of the contract of employment, common law obligations, workers’ compensation law, anti-discrimination legislation and the statutory workplace safety law. This revised edition incorporates a thorough discussion of the state of the law since the introduction of harmonised legislation around Australia, including reference to the latest cases. It is an invaluable resource for business and law students, legal professionals and senior business managers alike.
- Written by an academic for a student market
- No prior legal background required
- Reader friendly with tables and chart
- Online updates of chapters to keep up with current legislation in OHS
Kennedy, Work Health and Safety: What You Need to Know, 2012
Pittard & Naughton, Australian Labour and Employment Law, 2015
Table of contents
Part 1: Introduction to the Australian Legal System
1. Law, its Sources and the Common Law
2. Sources of Law: Statutes and How the Courts Read Them
Part 2: Workplace Safety and Civil Law
3. Workplace Safety and the Contract of Employment
4. Protection of Workplace Safety under Tort Law - Negligence: Duty of Care
5. Protection of Workplace Safety under Tort Law - Negligence: Other matters
6. Protection of Workplace Safety under Tort Law - Breach of Statutory Duty
Part 3: Workplace Safety and Criminal Law
7. Criminal WHS Law: General Introduction, Primary Duties
8. Criminal WHS Law: Other Health and Safety Duties
9. Criminal WHS Law: Other Duties and Enforcement
10. Workplace Safety Under Regulatory Criminal Law
Part 4: Workplace Safety and General Law
11. Workers' Compensation under Statute Criminal WHS Law: Other Health and Safety Duties
12. Workplace Health and Safety and Anti-discrimination Law
13. Workplace Safety and Litigation