Women and the Law in Australia (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Women and the Law in Australia provides practical advice on dealing with issues in the practice of law that are of specific importance to women.
Edited by Patricia Easteal AM, PhD
>An important milestone in the development of legal practice in Australia.
The first of its kind, Women and the Law in Australia provides practical advice on dealing with issues in the practice of law that are of specific importance to women. It is intended not just to highlight the problems that women experience with the legal system as defendants, complainants, victims, witnesses and practitioners but also to identify pragmatic steps for solicitors, barristers and policy-makers.
The text is a compilation of contributions, with all contributors experts in their area of law, who come from legal practice, academia or government; it explores the cultural and legal context of each topic.
Table of contents
- Setting the Stage: The 'Iceberg' Jigsaw Puzzle
- Women and ADR
- Women and Business Law: Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Women and Company Law
- (Consumer) Contracts
- Criminal Law: Rape
- Women and Criminal Defences to Homicide
- Discrimination Law
- Domestic Violence
- The Evidential Process and the Complainant
- Family Law
- Gender and Intellectual Property
- Intersectionality: Indigenous Women
- Intersectionality: Disabled Women
- Lesbians, Same-Sex Attracted Women and the Law
- Women and Labour Law
- Medical and Tort Injuries Against Pregnant Women
- Women and Migration Law
- Women in Practice
- Women in the Australian Judiciary
- Women and Prison
- Public Law
- Women and Social Security/Transfer Payments Law
- Women and Trusts
- Tips: The Iceberg and Global Warming Metaphor
Australian Law in Context: Social, Political and Global Perspectives (eBook)Release Date: May 07, 2020AUD$ 90.00
Hayes & Eburn Criminal Law and Procedure in New South Wales, 6th edition (eBook)Release Date: October 01, 2019AUD$ 145.00
Annotated Criminal Legislation New South Wales, 2019-2020 (eBook)Release Date: December 10, 2019AUD$ 128.00