This text is a high level reference work that covers all aspects of the Without Prejudice Privilege as it applies in Australia. It covers the historical origins of the doctrine, its basis, definition and application, as well as exceptions to the doctrine and its relationship with the Evidence Act 1995.
The text offers detailed analysis of the applicable case law and theory, and explains when and how the privilege can be claimed.
Table of contents
- The History of Without Prejudice Privilege
- The Definition and Application of Without Prejudice Privilege
- The Basis of the Doctrine
- Qualifications to the Doctrine
- Exceptions to the Doctrine
- The Evidence Act