Waller's Coronial Law and Practice in New South Wales, 4th Edition
The authoritative text on Coronial Law and Practice in New South Wales.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The authoritative text on Coronial Law and Practice in New South Wales
This edition of Waller's standard text on coronial law and practice in New South Wales has been substantially re-written to incorporate the commencement of a new Coroners Act. Adopting the structure of the original editions, it combines in-depth general analysis of the history, law, principles and practice in the coronial jurisdiction, with rigorous and comprehensive commentary on the provisions of the new Act.
The authors, combing vast experience of both a professional and academic nature in coronial matters, have produced a book unique in the field. It is an essential resource for the judiciary and practitioners.
- Authoritative - written by experienced authors with extensive knowledge of coronial law and practice
- Current - extensively re-written to incorporate the latest developments in statutory and judge-made law
- Practical - written for working coroners and practitioners in the field
Table of contents
- Origin and History
- The Nature of the Coronial Jurisdiction
- Functions of the Coronial Jurisdiction
- Treasure Trove Jurisdiction
- Coronial Procedure
- The Role of Counsel Assisting
- The Role of Investigators
- Representatives of Interested Persons
- Procedural Fairness/Natural Justice
- Appellate Review of Coronial Decisions
- Duties and Immunities of the Coroner
- Disputes Regarding Bodies
The Coroners Act 2009 and Commentary including Regulations