Victorian Environmental Law in Context
A clear and accessible introduction to environmental law and regulation in Victoria
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Victorian Environmental Law in Context is a concise and accessible introduction to Victorian environmental law, its interaction with Commonwealth environmental law, and the policy and planning context in which it sits. It presents clear explanations together with summaries of critical analysis by key stakeholders on applicable environmental law in Victoria. Concise extracts from state planning documents, relevant cases, reports from government, the auditor general and environmental organisations are included to situate legal content in that related planning and policy context.
The book is designed to support study and work in specialised areas such as the regulation of pollution, planning, environmental impact assessment, wildlife and biodiversity management, sustainable management, agriculture and similar topics, and provides a focus on the protection of biodiversity, climate change and clean energy/low-carbon development, and pollution and waste management.
The comprehensive coverage of Victorian law makes the text a valuable resource for law students, while its accessible approach is ideal for students studying environmental law in non-law disciplines in subjects such as wildlife biology and regional and urban planning, and in other business and humanities courses. The text is also a useful reference for environmental compliance officers, environmentalists, business managers involved in planning approvals, and public administrators involved in environmental decision-making.
• Places environmental regulatory content in context
• Concise coverage across a wide range of environmental topics
• Selected extracts illustrate areas in which policy and planning framework operates
• Provides critical perspectives to deepen understanding
• Visually attractive and engaging
• Bates, Environmental Law in Australia, 10th ed, 2019
• Gardner, Bartlett, Gray & Nelson, Water Resources Law, 2nd ed, 2017
• Maguire, Environmental, Planning and Climate Law in Queensland, 2020
• Martin, Understanding Sustainability Law, 2017
Table of contents
- Ch 1. Introduction to Environmental Law
- Ch 2. The Environment, Regulation and Science
- Ch 3. Introduction to the Australian Legal System
- Ch 4. Commonwealth, State and Local Government Environmental Powers
- Ch 5. Integration of Principles of International Environmental Law into Australian Law
- Ch 6. Pollution and Waste Management
- Ch 7. Biodiversity Conservation
- Ch 8. Climate Change and Energy
- Ch 9. Environmental Law, Planning and Development Controls
- Ch 10. Environmental Impact Assessment
- Ch 11. Environmental Litigation