Torts: Cases and Commentary, 8th edition
Torts: Cases and Commentary delivers a critical and analytical approach to the law of torts presented through extensive commentary and selected materials from cases, legislation and academic writings. The eighth edition has been fully revised and updated.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Torts: Cases and Commentary delivers a critical and analytical approach to the law of torts presented through extensive commentary and selected materials from cases, legislation and academic writings. Detailed notes explain the significance of the key cases while questions stimulate critical thinking and learning.
This edition provides extended coverage of statutory defences to negligence, while doctrines relating to the scope of liability are now discussed together with factual causation in one chapter. Current issues in tort law reform are examined and additional references to academic writings are provided. New cases include:
- Alcan Gove Pty Ltd v Zabic (time at which exposure to asbestos leads to actionable damage)
- Allen v Chadwick (contributory negligence)
- Hunter and New England Local Health District v McKenna (duty of care owed by a provider of mental health services)
- Marsh v Baxter (nuisance)
- Prince Alfred College Inc v ADC (vicarious liability)
- Swick Nominees Pty Ltd v Leroi International Inc (No 2) (pure economic loss)
- Wallace v Kam (scope of liability)
- Fully revised and updated
- Covers key cases and legislation and emerging issues in tort law
- Clear and accessible format
- Comprehensive analysis enables in-depth understanding of the subject area
- Easy to navigate
Davies & Malkin, Focus: Torts, 7th ed, 2015
Foster, Torts Cases and Commentary Supplement: Defamation and Wrongful Interference with Goods, 2014
Howe, Walsh & Rooney, LexisNexis Study Guides: Torts, 3rd ed, 2015
Stickley, Australian Torts Law, 4th ed, 2017
Foster, Torts Cases and Commentary Supplement: Defamation and Wrongful Interference with Goods, 2nd ed, 2019
Table of contents
- Negligence: Duty of Care
- Negligence: Breach of Duty
- Factual Causation and Scope of Liability
- Defences to Torts Involving Negligence
- Particular Negligence Situations
- Wrongful Death
- Breach of Statutory Duty
- Intentional Interference with the Person
- Trespass to Land
- Defences to Intentional Torts
- Strict Liability
- The Negligent Infliction of Economic Loss
- Vicarious Liability
- Concurrent Liability
LexisNexis Study Guide Torts, 3rd editionAUD$ 63.00
Australian Torts Law, 4th editionAUD$ 125.00
Torts Cases and Commentary Supplement: Defamation and Wrongful Interference with Goods, 2nd editionAUD$ 45.00
Focus: Torts, 7th editionAUD$ 113.30
Torts Cases and Commentary Supplement: Defamation and Wrongful Interference with GoodsAUD$ 41.00