The Law of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct, 5th edition
This book focuses exclusively on examining the scope of the prohibition, the consequences of its breach, the applicability of defences and the availability of remedies.
The Paperback version of this book is available as Print-On-Demand. Please contact our customer support on 1800 772 772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you wish to order.
Select a format
The Law of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct 5th edition focuses exclusively on examining the scope of the prohibition, the consequences of its breach, the applicability of defences and the availability of remedies. This singular focus allows for a detailed commentary on the legislation and lucid explanations of the enormous volume of case law. No other text provides an in depth treatment of the law concerning claims based on s 18 of the Australian Consumer Law and its equivalents. This book is indispensable for the commercial and corporate practitioner and allows the law student to delve deeper into this area.
- Up to date commentary on developments in case law and legislation
Coorey, Australian Consumer Law, 2015
Sharpe, Unconscionable Conduct in Australian Consumer and Commercial Contracts, 2018
Steinwall, Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2017 Edition
Table of contents
Part A: The Prohibition of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct
- The Prohibitions Identified, Exempt Persons and Territorial Scope
- ‘Conduct in Trade or Commerce’
- ‘Misleading or Deceptive’: General Issues
- Express Statements
- Implying Commercial Association
Part B: The Legal Consequences of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct
- Remedies for Misleading or Deceptive Conduct: General Issues
- Persons Liable for the Consequences of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct
- Preventative, Corrective and Declaratory Orders
- Loss or Damage ‘by’ Misleading or Deceptive Conduct: Causation
- Compensatory Orders
- Limitation Periods