The Law of Bankruptcy Notices and Creditors’ Petitions (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it.
eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
eBooks are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions on MacOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
Not compatible with Kobo eReader and Kindle.
For further information, please refer to the eBooks FAQs here
A practical and accessible source focused on bankruptcy notices and creditors’ petitions
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This book explains the applicable laws and procedures under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth), the Bankruptcy Regulations 1996, the Federal Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016 and the Federal Circuit Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016 relevant to bankruptcy notices and creditor’s petitions. Also discussed are the recent changes to the Bankruptcy Act 1966 and the Bankruptcy Regulations 1996 (Cth) introduced by the Coronavirus Economic Response Package Omnibus Act 2020 following the outbreak of COVID-19 within Australia.
This book is a practical resource that focuses on the principles of valid bankruptcy notices and how they may be set aside. It includes precedents that practitioners can readily use upon receiving a bankruptcy brief or matter.
- Annotated Bankruptcy Act 1966, 8th ed, Michael D. Murray & Paul Nichols
- Australian Insolvency Law, 4th ed, Christopher Symes , David Brown & Sulette Lombard
- Statutory Demands and Winding Up in Insolvency, 2nd ed, Farid Assaf
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1 A Brief History and an Overview of the Bankruptcy Act
CHAPTER 2 Valid Bankruptcy Notices
CHAPTER 3 Setting Aside a Bankruptcy Notice
CHAPTER 4 Preparing a Creditor’s Petition
CHAPTER 5 Hearings of Creditors’ Petitions
CHAPTER 6 Opposing a Creditor’s Petition
- Precedent 1 — Bankruptcy notice (Form 1)
- Precedent 2 — Affidavit of service of bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 3 — Substituted service application of a bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 4 — Affidavit in support of substituted service application
- Precedent 5 — Application to set aside bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 6 — Affidavit in support of application to set aside bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 7 — App lication to set aside the bankruptcy notice on the ground that the debtor has a counter-claim, set-off or cross-demand
- Precedent 8 — Affidavit in support of application to set aside the bankruptcy notice on the ground that the debtor has a counter-claim, set-off or cross-demand
- Precedent 9 — Application to extend time to comply with a bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 10 — Affidavit in support of application to extend time to comply with a bankruptcy notice
- Precedent 11 — Section 41(5) notice
- Precedent 12 — Creditor’s petition
- Precedent 13 — Affidavit verifying paragraphs 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the creditor’s petition
- Precedent 14 — Affidavit of service of the creditor’s petition
- Precedent 15 — Application for substituted service of the creditor’s petition
- Precedent 16 — Affidavit in support of application for substituted service of creditor’s petition
- Precedent 17 — Application to extend the life of a creditor’s petition
- Precedent 18 — Aff idavit in support of application to extend the life of a creditor’s petition
- Precedent 19 — Application to amend a creditor’s petition
- Precedent 20 — Affidavit in support of application to amend a creditor’s petition
- Precedent 21 — Application for substitution of a supporting creditor
- Precedent 22 — Aff idavit in supp ort of application for substitution of a supporting creditor
- Precedent 23 — Consent to act as trustee
- Precedent 24 — Affidavit of final search
- Precedent 25 — Affidavit of final debt
- Precedent 26 — Short form bill of costs on an uncontested application
- Precedent 27 — Notice stating grounds of opposition
- Precedent 28 — Affidavit in support of grounds of opposition
- Precedent 29 — Sequestration order