The Australian Pro Bono Manual A practice guide and resource kit for law firms, 3rd edition
The Australian Pro Bono Manual is the indispensable Australian guide to building, managing and improving a pro bono program in a law firm.
The Paperback version of this book is available as Print-On-Demand. Please contact our customer support on 1800 772 772 or email email@example.com, if you wish to order.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Australian Pro Bono Manual is an indispensable source of sound advice and relevant information on pro bono best practice.
Pro bono legal work is considered a professional responsibility and benefits the lawyers, firms and clients involved. There are advantages, however, in a planned and coordinated approach — a structured pro bono program is key to establishing a sustainable pro bono culture in any firm.
The third edition of the Manual has been completely revised and updated, and includes information tailored to mid-sized and small firms. For large firms looking to refine or grow their pro bono practice, the Manual remains an essential reference point.
• the current models of pro bono assistance
• defining ‘pro bono’ for the firm, setting strategic objectives and establishing criteria for pro bono work
• pro bono and corporate social responsibility
• the importance of leadership and promoting a strong pro bono culture
• the legal assistance sector and how to source pro bono work
• record-keeping, evaluation, crediting and recognising pro bono work
• pro bono FAQs and best practice, and more.
• Australian Pro Bono Centre, Pro bono partnerships and models — a practical guide to what works (2016)
Table of contents
- Part 1 Planning, developing and maintaining a program
- 1.1 Planning pro bono for the firm
- 1.2 Defining pro bono legal work
- 1.3 Pro bono policy
- 1.4 Promoting a pro bono culture
- 1.5 Surveying interest
- 1.6 Identifying needs and sources of pro bono legal work
- 1.7 Current models of pro bono legal work
- 1.8 Setting targets and budgets for pro bono legal work and programs
- 1.9 Coordinating the program
- 1.10 Participation
- 1.11 Crediting and recognising pro bono legal work
- 1.12 Costs and disbursements
- 1.13 Record keeping and evaluation
- 1.14 Training and skills
- 1.15 A mid-sized firm perspective
- 1.16 A small law firm perspective
- 1.17 Reflections of a pro bono coordinator
- Part 2 Procedures and practice issues
- 2.1 Casework procedures
- 2.2 Risk management
- 2.3 Secondments
- Part 3 The Australian legal assistance sector
- 3.1 Legal Aid Commissions
- 3.2 Community Legal Centres, Indigenous legal organisations and other legal organisations
- 3.3 Pro bono referral schemes and organisations
- Part 4 Frequently asked questions
- Appendix 1 — Precedents
- Appendix 2 — Australian pro bono best practice guide
Pro Bono Partnerships and Models – A Practical Guide to What Works , 2nd editionRelease Date: September 01, 2016AUD$ 68.00
New!Foundations of Australian Law and Legal Writing: A Custom Publication for Victoria University and LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 6th edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: January 07, 2022AUD$ 223.19
New!Quick Reference Card: Trusts, 3rd editonNew!Release Date: January 07, 2022AUD$ 21.00