Pro Bono Partnerships and Models – A Practical Guide to What Works , 2nd edition
What Works is the guide to developing successful partnerships for delivering pro bono legal services in Australia
The Paperback version of this book is available as Print-On-Demand. Please contact our customer support on 1800 772 772 or email email@example.com, if you wish to order.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
For lawyers and firms offering pro bono assistance, and for community organisations seeking it, Pro Bono Partnerships and Models — a Practical Guide to What Works is the essential companion work to the Australian Pro Bono Manual.
Detailed case studies, testimonials and commentary on pro bono practice draw on a wealth of experience on:
- the models of pro bono assistance,
- how to build and strengthen relationships with pro bono partners,
- the features of successful pro bono projects, and
- common challenges and how to tackle them.
• The Australian Pro Bono Manual, 3rd ed (2016)
Table of contents
- Part 1 how to use this book
- 1. What is in this book?
- 2. Who will find this book useful?
- Part 2 Themes arising from consultations
- 3. Importance of relationships and communication
- 4. Importance of developing a strong pro bono culture
- 5. Where pro bono resources should be directed: greatest need versus achievable goals
- 6. Size matters
- 7. Innovation
- Part 3 Understanding your potential partner
- 8. Tips for planning and maintaining relationships
- 9. Pro bono referral schemes and organisations
- 10. Large law firms
- 11. Small law firms
- 12. Community legal centres
- 13. Non-legal not-for-profit organisations and charities
- 14. Barristers
- 15. In-house/corporate lawyers
- 16. Government lawyers
- 17. Individual volunteers
- 18. Law students
- Part 4 Models of pro bono legal assistance
- 19. Case referral
- 20. Clinics
- 21. Outreach
- 22. Secondments
- 23. Fellowships
- 24. Co-counselling
- 25. Secondary ‘consults’ or ‘phone a friend assistance’
- 26. Technology-based services: telephone, video conferencing, online and mobile technology
- 27. Law reform and policy work
- 28. Assistance to non-legal not-for-profit organisations and charities
- 29. Community legal education
- 30. Non-legal assistance
- 31. International pro bono
The Australian Pro Bono Manual A practice guide and resource kit for law firms, 3rd editionRelease Date: September 01, 2016AUD$ 68.00
New!Quick Reference Card: Equity, 3rd editionNew!Release Date: October 15, 2021AUD$ 21.00
New!Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law Consequences and Remedies, 3rd editionNew!Release Date: October 15, 2021AUD$ 25.00