LexisNexis Questions and Answers Business Law, 2nd edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers - Business Law is designed to facilitate both continuous review and preparation for examinations.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers - Business Law by Anne Ardagh contains questions and problems on a number of topics commonly taught in business or commercial law. Areas covered include introduction to law, law-making, the common law and the doctrine of judicial precedent, the court system, settlement of disputes, and contract law (from formation through to discharge and remedies for breach). Additional topics are agent and principal, business organisations and business fiduciary relationships, insolvency, the law of torts and negotiable instruments. The text is designed to help students grasp the techniques for analysing and writing assignment questions and problems that are frequently used in tutorials, course assessment and examinations.
Each chapter provides an overview of key issues, followed by a variety of questions and problems that assist students to apply their knowledge, revise important areas and identify weaknesses in understanding. Suggested answer plans and comments from an examiner are given.
Overall, the book gives students the ability to master business law concepts and overcome common difficulties in answering problems and preparing for exams. LexisNexis Questions and Answers - Business Law also provides teachers of business law with many practice questions for their students.
- Summary of relevant law and key issues in each chapter
- Questions with answer guide, suggested answer, examiners comments and common errors to avoid
- Helps students revise key areas before attempting problem questions
- Assists students with effective exam study preparation
Parker & Veljanovski, LexisNexis Study Guide — Business Law, 2nd ed, 2013
Pentony, LexisNexis Case Summaries — Business Law, 3rd ed, 2015
Table of contents
- The Nature, Functions and Sources of Law
- Constitutions and the Lawmaking Power of Parliament
- The Parliamentary Process, the Interpretation of Statutes and Delegated Legislation
- The Common Law and the Doctrine of Judicial Precedent
- The Australian Court System and the Settlement of Disputes
- Formation of Contract (Agreement and Intention)
- Formation of Contract (Consideration and Promissory Estoppel)
- Legal Capacity to Contract and Privity of Contract
- Consent of the Parties to Contract (Genuine Agreement)
- Terms of the Contract
- Discharge of the Contract
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
- Agent and Principal
- Business Organisations and Business Fiduciary Relationships
- The Law of Torts
- Negotiable Instruments