Quick Reference Card: Voluntary Assisted Dying Laws In Australia
A concise quick-reference tool on Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD) laws in Australia for students and practitioners studying and working across healthcare law.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Quick Reference Card – Voluntary Assisted Dying Laws in Australia, 1st edition, written by Samatha Pillay, is an essential practical reference text providing a clear and concise summary of all aspects of voluntary assisted dying legislation in Australia. This legislation provides a legal process for health practitioners to assist a terminally ill person to end their life in limited circumstances, and subject to completing a prescribed process. This Quick Reference Card makes an ideal study aid both for classroom and exam use and is an excellent quick-reference tool for students, practitioners and academics working across healthcare law.
• Concise summary of VAD laws in all Australian states
• Reference tool for students and practitioners to better understand the relevant legislation in each state
• An excellent starting point for research
• Provides an overview of the key similarities and differences in laws across the states
• Provides an overview of the key access criteria across the states
• Summarises the different safeguards in place for managing VAD requests
• Concise summary of the most important VAD principles
• Bold headings and colour coded boxes structure the subject
• Quick and easy - information at one’s fingertips
• Durable because of laminated card stock
• Attractive pricing
• Ideal as checklist
• Perfect for use in exams and for assignments
• Madden, Australian Medical Liability, 4th ed, 2021
• Smith, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Medical Law, 2nd ed, 2020
Table of contents
- VAD - Background
- VAD – Overview
- Access Criteria Across the States
- Safeguards and oversight
- Other issues
- What does the future hold?