Queensland Evidence Law, 6th edition
A clear and accessible introduction to the law of evidence in Queensland civil and criminal matters
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Queensland Evidence Law explains and discusses the common law rules of evidence as affected by the Evidence Act 1977 (Qld). The authors address the synthesis of the common law and statutory position to provide a very readable and accessible text that applies a logical and systematic approach to the introduction of each key topic. The easy-to-navigate design supports a clear discussion and analysis of statutory provisions and leading cases to engage readers. To consolidate understanding, each chapter provides a set of self-test questions and a problem question in each of the civil and criminal jurisdictions. Discussion of the position under the Evidence Act 1995 (Cth), the foundation of the Uniform Evidence Acts regime, is included to promote familiarity with the evidence rules applicable to practice in federal matters.
The sixth edition has been revised and updated to reflect recent interpretative developments in case law.
This book is an ideal introduction for students to the law of evidence in the Queensland jurisdiction and an excellent reference for legal practitioners.
Lexis Learning resources
A range of online learning resources to use for teaching and assessment activities will be available for lecturers who prescribe this text for a unit of study. Please contact your LexisNexis sales representative for more information.
• Jurisdiction-specific commentary offers relevance and value for Queensland students and practitioners
• Clear, accessible explanations of key concepts
• Provides comparative position under Commonwealth evidence legislation
• Chapters all include self-test quiz and problems, with online guided responses for lecturer use
• Field, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Evidence for Common Law States, 3rd ed, 2019
• Field, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Uniform Evidence Law, 3rd ed, 2019
• Ligertwood & Edmond, Australian Evidence: A Principled Approach to the Common Law and Uniform Acts, 6th ed, 2017
• Weinstein, Anderson, Marychurch & Roy, Uniform Evidence in Australia, 3rd ed, 2020
Table of contents
- 1. Nature, Sources and Function of the Law of Evidence
- 2. Proof without New Evidence
- 3. Types and Classifications of Evidence
- 4. Competence and Compellability
- 5. Privilege
- 6. Oral Evidence
- 7. Probity, Prejudice and Similar Fact Evidence
- 8. Character Evidence — Accused Persons and Sexual Offence Complainants
- 9. Hearsay at Common Law
- 10. Hearsay under Statute
- 11. Opinion Evidence, Identification and Corroboration
- 12. Improperly Obtained Evidence
Australian Evidence: A Principled Approach to the Common Law and Uniform Acts, 6th editionAUD$ 193.00
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Uniform Evidence Law, 3rd editionAUD$ 75.00
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Evidence for Common Law States, 3rd editionAUD$ 75.00
Uniform Evidence in Australia, 3rd editionAUD$ 211.00