Professional Communication: Legal and Ethical Issues, 2nd Edition
Designed for professional communicators (journalists, PR practitioners and literary writers), Professional Communication: Legal and Ethical Issues focuses on the application of legal and ethical principals.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Designed for professional communicators (journalists, PR practitioners and literary writers), Professional Communication: Legal and Ethical Issues focuses on the application of legal and ethical principals, examining the roles of professional communicators in Australia and the legal and ethical problems they face. This text charts the roles of professional communicators in context and looks at the relationship between the media and the legal system, using case studies to illustrate and analyse legal and ethical issues arising for Australian practitioners.
Table of contents
- Part 1 - Scoping the Environment
- Ch 1 - Positioning professional communication
- Ch 2 - Positioning the legal profession
- Ch 3 - Professional communication, self-regulation & freedom of speech
- Part 2 - Beyond Law
- Ch 4 - Ethics and Professional Communication
- Ch 5 - Privacy: an ethical and legal conundrum
- Part 3 - Sourcing and information gathering
- Ch 6 - Right To information and professional communication in Australia
- Ch 7 - Open justice v censorship; a delicate balance
- Part 4 - Publication and dissemination
- Ch 8 - Censorship, contempt & anti-terror laws: a more delicate balance
- Ch 9 - Communication and reputation: new challenges for defamation
- Ch 10 - Freedom of expression revisited: the defences to defamation
- Part 5 - Protecting communication business
- Ch 11 - Intellectual property: a new paradigm?
- Ch 12 - The new role for contracts
- Part 6 - Conclusion
- Ch 13 - Future issues for regulating professional communicators
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th edition and Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 4th edition (Bundle)Release Date: July 01, 2019AUD$ 248.00
Understanding Taxation Law 2021 and Concise Tax Legislation 2021AUD$ 292.00
LexisNexis Case Summaries: Contracts, 7th EditionAUD$ 46.00