Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
PRINCIPLES OF AUSTRALIAN EQUITY AND TRUSTS CASES AND MATERIALS, 4TH EDITION, carefully selected source materials and analysis on equity and trusts
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
PRINCIPLES OF AUSTRALIAN EQUITY AND TRUSTS CASES AND MATERIALS, 4TH EDITION: The key cases and materials relating to equity and trusts are drawn together to illustrate the reasoning processes of the court and the development of legal principles. Cases are carefully selected, edited, and cross-referenced to the companion textbook, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, to promote a deep understanding of this complex area of law. Both books follow the same chapter order and structure, making it easy to use them in tandem. The authors provide discussion of the key concepts, putting the case extracts into their legal context. Helpful analysis of each extract assists readers to understand why each case is important and the principle to be drawn from the decision. New cases included in the fourth edition include:
- Cavendish Square Holding BV v Makdessi; ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis (2016) on penalties
- Chamberlain Early Learning Centre Pty Ltd v Precious 1 Pty Ltd (2017) on equitable set-off
- City of Mandurah v Australian Flying Corps and Royal Australian Air Force Association (WA Division) Inc (2016) on charitable trusts
- Crown Melbourne Ltd v Cosmopolitan Hotel (Vic) Pty Ltd (2016) on equitable estoppel.
- Deutsch v Trumble (2016) on trust beneficiaries
- Free Serbian Orthodox Church Diocese for Australia and New Zealand Property Trust v Bishop Irinej Dobrijevic (2017) on charitable trusts
- Paciocco v Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (2016) on penalties
- Simic v NSW Land Housing Corporation (2016) on rectification
- Thorne v Kennedy (2017) on undue influence
- Wilson v Ferguson (2015) on confidential information.
This book and its companion text, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, combine to make an ideal resource for students of equity and trusts, practitioners, and anyone wishing to understand this complex area of law.
- Engages students with the sources of law in these subjects
- Puts cases and principles into context
- Cases are selected and edited for relevance
- Aligns with Australian courses in Equity and Trusts
- Easy and convenient navigation between the case book and companion text
Radan, Stewart & Vickovich, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 4th ed, 2018
Barkehall Thomas & Vann, LexisNexis Study Guide: Equity, 3rd ed, 2015
Barkehall Thomas & Vann, LexisNexis Study Guide Trusts, 3rd ed, 2016
Table of contents
PART I: HISTORY & NATURE OF EQUITY
1 History of Equity
2 The Nature of Equity
3 The Relationship of Law and Equity
PART II: EQUITABLE INTERESTS AND TRANSACTIONS
4 Nature of Equitable Estates and Interests
5 The Law of Assignment
6 Dispositions of Equitable Interests and the Requirement of Writing
7 Property with a Limited Capability of Being Assigned
PART III: RELATIONSHIPS OF TRUST
9 Confidential Information
10 Fiduciary Obligations
11 Undue Influence
PART IV: UNCONSCIENTIOUS DELAINGS
12 Fraud in Equity
13 Unconscionable Transactions
14 Equitable Estoppel
15 Relief Against Forfeiture
PART V: UNFAIR OUTCOMES
18 Equitable Contribution
PART VI: TRUSTS
20 Introduction to Trusts
21 Creation of Express Trusts
22 Variation and Termination of Trusts
23 Charitable Trusts
24 Administration of Charitable Trusts
25 Resulting Trusts
PART VII: EQUITABLE REMEDIES AND DEFENCES
29 Specific Performance
31 Freezing and Search Orders
32 Equitable Compensation and Damages
35 Institutional Constructive Trusts
36 Remedial Constructive Trusts
38 Other Equitable Remedies
39 Equitable Defences