Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 4th edition
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts is an approachable and well-structured account of the principles and rules of equity and trusts
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts is designed to equip students with the skills to analyse fact situations and correctly identify the relevant principles of the law of equity and trusts applicable to the resolution of problems. The clear and accessible style of the authors makes this an essential resource for students new to the study of equity and trusts.
The fourth edition of has been fully revised and updated to include recent developments in case law, including:
- Thorne v Kennedy (2017) 350 ALR 1 on undue influence and unconscionability
- Crown Melbourne Ltd v Cosmopolitan Hotel (Vic) Pty Ltd (2016) 333 ALR 384 on equitable estoppel
- Paciocco v Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (2016) 258 CLR 525 and Cavendish Square Holding BV v Makdessi; ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis  AC 1172 on penalties
- City of Mandurah v Australian Flying Corps and Royal Australian Air Force Association (WA Division) Inc (2016) 50 WAR 466 on charitable trusts
- Simic v NSW Land Housing Corporation (2016) 260 CLR 85 on rectification.
The text is suitable for standalone use or with the companion casebook Radan, Stewart & Vickovich, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials. The textbook and casebook follow the same chapter order and structure and plentiful cross-referencing makes it easy to use the books in tandem.
- Clear and accessible coverage of all key topics
- Ideal for students new to the study of equity and trusts
- Develops students skills in case analysis and the identification and application of relevant principles from fact situations
Radan, Stewart & Vickovich, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th ed, 2019
Barkehall Thomas & Vann, LNSG Equity, 3rd ed, 2015
Barkehall Thomas & Vann, LNSG Trusts, 3rd ed, 2016
Table of contents
PART I: HISTORY & NATURE OF EQUITY
- History of Equity
- The Nature of Equity
- The Relationship of Law and Equity
PART II: EQUITABLE INTERESTS AND TRANSACTIONS
- Nature of Equitable Estates and Interests
- The Law of Assignment
- Dispositions of Equitable Interests and the Requirement of Writing
- Property with a Limited Capability of Being Assigned
PART III: RELATIONSHIPS OF TRUST
- Confidential Information
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Undue Influence
PART IV: UNCONSCIENTIOUS DELAINGS
- Fraud in Equity
- Unconscionable Transactions
- Equitable Estoppel
- Relief Against Forfeiture
PART V: UNFAIR OUTCOMES
- Equitable Contribution
PART VI: TRUSTS
- Introduction to Trusts
- Creation of Express Trusts
- Variation and Termination of Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Administration of Charitable Trusts
- Resulting Trusts
PART VII: EQUITABLE REMEDIES AND DEFENCES
- Specific Performance
- Freezing and Search Orders
- Equitable Compensation and Damages
- Institutional Constructive Trusts
- Remedial Constructive Trusts
- Other Equitable Remedies
- Equitable Defences
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th edition and Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 4th edition (Bundle)Release Date: July 01, 2019AUD$ 248.00
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th editionRelease Date: November 01, 2018AUD$ 145.00
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials, 4th edition (eBook)Release Date: November 01, 2018AUD$ 145.00