A unique, practical guide to interpreting 'pre-court' personal injuries procedure in Queensland.
This practical guide considers, in detail, the mandatory procedures for all personal injuries actions under the Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002, Workers Compensation Rehabilitation Act 2003 and the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994.
Since publication of this work in 2005, there has been a significant volume of Court of Appeal authority clarifying the obligations under the various Acts. Chapters relating to claims notification, parties obligations (including non-disclosure of particular material) and limitations periods, have been extensively revised and updated.
This is an essential guide for solicitors, barristers and students of personal injury litigation.
- Chapters outline specific steps in pre-court procedure
- The law is applied to specific factual examples as they arise in practice
- Detailed coverage of reported & unreported decisions - Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and District Court of Queensland
Table of contents
- Which Act?
- Claims Notification
- Claims Notification - Exceptions
- Notification in Medical Liability Claims
- Responses to Claims
- Parties to Claims
- Parties' Obligations
- Non-disclosure of Material
- Experts' Reports
- Compulsory Conferences
- Starting Proceedings
- Costs of Proceedings
- Limitation Periods
- Offences and Penalties