The successful practice of family law requires mastery of a complex combination of skills and knowledge. This book closes the gap between theory and practice, providing clear guidance on how to conduct family law matters. Practical, step-by-step coverage is provided on the full range of essential skills and procedures required in the day-to-day practice of family law in Australia. It is an excellent resource for practitioners and aspiring family lawyers, and anyone wishing to consolidate their skills in this dynamic area of legal practice.
The fourth edition has been extensively updated and includes new chapters on Jurisdiction in Family Law Proceedings and Family Law Financial Proceedings and Spousal Maintenance.
- Clear guidance supported by case studies, questions and further reading
- Updated and expanded to include all key aspects of conducting a family law matter
- Practical guidance complements theoretical family law texts
- Authoritative reliable content
- Young, Sifris, Carroll & Monahan, Family Law in Australia, 9th ed, 2016
- Mills & Ebejer, Focus Family Law, 7th ed, 2017
- Holmes, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Family Law, 6th ed, 2016