Practising Family Law, 4th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it.
eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
eBooks are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions on MacOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
Not compatible with Kobo eReader and Kindle.
For further information, please refer to the eBooks FAQs here
Clear practical guidance on conducting family law matters
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The successful practice of family law requires mastery of a complex combination of skills and knowledge. This book closes the gap between theory and practice, providing clear guidance on how to conduct family law matters. Practical, step-by-step coverage is provided on the full range of essential skills and procedures required in the day-to-day practice of family law in Australia. It is an excellent resource for practitioners and aspiring family lawyers, and anyone wishing to consolidate their skills in this dynamic area of legal practice.
The fourth edition has been extensively updated and includes new chapters on Jurisdiction in Family Law Proceedings and Family Law Financial Proceedings and Spousal Maintenance.
- Clear guidance supported by case studies, questions and further reading
- Updated and expanded to include all key aspects of conducting a family law matter
- Practical guidance complements theoretical family law texts
- Authoritative reliable content
- Young, Sifris, Carroll & Monahan, Family Law in Australia, 9th ed, 2016
- Mills & Ebejer, Focus Family Law, 7th ed, 2017
- Holmes, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Family Law, 6th ed, 2016
Table of contents
- Taking Instructions and Giving Advice in Family Law Matters
- Jurisdiction in Family Law Proceedings
- Party–Party and Solicitor–Client Costs in Family Law Proceedings
- Negotiation and Primary Dispute Resolution in Family Law Matters
- Financial Agreements
- Drafting Orders in Family Law Matters
- The Procedural Hearing in a Family Law Court
- Parenting and Less Adversarial Trial (LAT) Proceedings’
- Conciliation and Case Assessment Conferences
- Drafting Affidavits in Family Law Matters
- Preparing for a Hearing in a Family Court
- Family Law in the Federal Circuit Court
- Family Law in Courts of Summary Jurisdiction
- Family Law Financial Proceedings and Spousal Maintenance
- Urgent Family Law Applications
- Non-Disclosure in Family Law Matters
- Evidence and Advocacy in Family Law
- The Unrepresented Litigant in Family Law
- Child Support
- De Facto Financial Proceedings Under the Family Law Act
- The Ethics of Family Law Practice