Negotiation Strategy Style Skills, 3rd edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Negotiation - Strategy Style Skills, 3rd edition provides the reader with the tools to confidently engage in constructive and principled negotiation practice.
Negotiation - Strategy Style Skills 3rd ed provides the reader with the tools to confidently engage in constructive and principled negotiation practice. Negotiation is the principal day-to-day activity of most professionals. Experience can make us confident negotiators, but it may not make us better negotiators. The path to excellence and expertise is via experience and structured reflection. By engaging in reflexive practice, we can learn from our mistakes and understand the reasons behind our success stories. Negotiation is a set of strategies, behavioural styles and skills that can be learned. This book provides the reader with the necessary tools to become a reflexive negotiation practitioner.
- Practical tools such as a three-dimensional model of negotiation, a 10-step constructive negotiation process map and the negotiation navigation map
- Chapters on neuroscience, interpersonal skills, multiple intelligences, multiparty negotiations, and dealing with tough negotiation situations.
Related TitlesBoulle, Mediation — Principles Process Practice, 3rd ed, 2011
Condliffe, Conflict Management: A Practical Guide, 4th ed, 2012
Boulle & Alexander, LexisNexis Skills Series - Mediation Skills & Techniques, 2nd ed, 2012
Table of contents
- Negotiation: Definitions, Terms and Approaches
- Positional Negotiation
- Interest-Based Negotiation
- A Constructive Negotiation Process
- Preparing for Negotiation
- Negotiation: Larger-than-Life Communication
- Deepening Negotiator Awareness and Skills
- Decision-Making in Negotiation: Storytelling, Emotions, Memory and Persuasion
- Culture, Sex, Gender and Intersectional fluency – the language of the Constructive Negotiator
- Tough Skills for Tough Negotiations
- Multiparty and Team Negotiations
- Ten Principles for Constructive Negotiators