Mastering Law Studies and Law Exam Techniques, 11th edition
A practical and engaging guide to successful law study and assessment outcomes
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Successfully navigating the particular requirements of law school and legal study can be challenging, even for the most capable of students. Mastering Law Studies and Law Exam Techniques de-mystifies the process of studying law and provides the foundations for law school success.
The first part of the book provides basic rules and helpful hints on study techniques. The second part shows how to apply these guidelines by presenting a range of sample exam questions and answers contributed by experienced law lecturers from leading Australian universities. This section includes commentary from examiners about what separates an above average answer from an average answer.
Guides to success in moot court and on how to approach multiple choice and essay assessments are also included.
The eleventh edition of this successful book has been revised and the sample questions updated to reflect recent developments in case law and legislation.
• Reader-friendly guidance on how to study law effectively
• Sample exam questions and answers in a range of core subject areas
• Explains what lecturers look for in exam answers
• Designed for law students and others studying law subjects
• Creyke, Hamer, O’Mara, Smyth & Taylor, Laying Down the Law, 11th ed, 2021
• Corbett-Jarvis & Grigg, Effective Legal Writing: A Practical Guide, 3rd ed, 2021
• Yin & Desierto, Legal Problem Solving & the Syllogism, 2017
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Introduction
- Ch 2 An Introduction to Law Studies and Law Exams: Understanding the Dialectic of Law
- Ch 3 Reading and Summarising Cases
- Ch 4 Some Studying Hints
- Ch 5 Some Basic Rules
- Ch 6 Short Answer and Multiple Choice Questions (Aidan Riccardo)
- Ch 7 Essay Questions (Aidan Riccardo)
- Ch 8 Moot Court (Julie Cassidy and Murray Wesson)
- Ch 9 Sample Examination Questions and Answers
- Foundations of Law (Sally Andersen and Ross Hyams)
- Contract Law (Gregory Tolhurst)
- Property Law (Natalie Skead and Penny Carruthers)
- Tort Law (Laura Griffin)
- Criminal Law (Meredith Blake and Stella Tarrant)
- Constitutional Law (Melissa Castan and Luke Beck)
- Administrative Law (Lorne Neudorf)
- Trusts Law (Susan Barkehall Thomas)
- Company Law (Rebecca Faugno)
- Income Tax Law (Celeste Black)