Marketing and the Law, 6th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Marketing and the Law, 6th edition is an accessible introduction to the law relating to marketing goods and services
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This text is designed to enable those in business, lawyers, and students to ascertain and understand the key legal principles that apply to the marketing of goods and services. Drawn from a broad range of areas of law, aspects of marketing covered include the manufacture, packaging, labelling, promotion, distribution, and retailing of goods and services. The discussion includes numerous case examples, diagrams and flowcharts to support learning.
The sixth edition has been fully revised, with many recent case law and statutory amendments, including:
- changes to the CCA following the implementation of the Harper Report
- amendments to CCA s 46 relating to misuse of market power
- changes arising from the Australian Consumer Law Review
- updated penalty information including alignment of ACL and CCA penalties
- impact of ACL s 18 on search engine optimisation
- changes to country of origin product labelling requirements
- changes to the duration of copyright protection
- new provisions dealing with online copyright infringement
- decisions in Ultra Tune and Geowash (Franchising Code good faith obligation and other Code and ACL breaches)
- Clear guidance on all aspects of marketing law
- Includes plentiful case examples, tables, flow charts & diagrams
- Organised to follow the progress of products from concept to market
- Supported by resources for lecturer use
• Coleman et al, Law in Commerce, 7th ed, 2020
• Graw et al, Understanding Business Law, 9th ed, 2019
• George et al, Social Media and the Law, 3rd ed, 2020
Table of contents
- Introduction to the Law and Marketing
- Protecting Inventive Ideas
- Protecting Commercial Secrets
- Protecting Copyright Material
- Protecting Commercial Designs
- Passing Off and Unfair Trading
- Registration of Trade Marks
- Product Packaging and Labelling
- Product Liability
- Selling Techniques
- Introduction to Competition Law
- Collusive Conduct
- Misuse of Market Power
- Resale Price Maintenance
- Exclusive Dealing
- e-Marketing and e-Commerce