LexisNexis Study Guide: Equity, 3rd edition
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Equity, 3rd edition assists law students in revising and preparing for exams and assignments in Equity. Each chapter clearly identifies and explains the pertinent and often difficult topics and the most important cases are summarised to consolidate understanding of the key principles.
Select a format
Begin exam preparation or revision with this essential tool for success!
The LexisNexis Study Guide series is designed to assist law students with the foundations for effective, systematic revision and preparation for assignments and exams.
Each chapter clearly identifies and explains the pertinent and often difficult topics within specific areas of law. The most important and recent cases are summarised to consolidate practical understanding of the theoretical concepts.
Concise summaries of key cases and principles simplify exam study and short and concise paragraphs, bullet-pointed summaries, flowcharts and tables facilitate revision. Open-book exams are made easier with this compact and portable text.
This edition includes discussion of key developments in:
- the governing principles for proprietary estoppel, especially in relation to remedy (Sidhu v Van Dyke (2013) 308 ALR 232;  HCA 19);
- unconscionable conduct (Kakavas v Crown Melbourne Ltd (2013) 250 CLR 392; (2013) 298 ALR 35;  HCA 25)
- he law of penalties (Andrews v Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (2012) 247 CLR 205; 290 ALR 595;  HCA 30)
- constructive trusts as a remedy for for fiduciary bribes (Grimaldi v Chameleon Mining NL (ACN 098 773 785) (No 2) (2012) 287 ALR 22;  FCAFC 6), and
- equitable compensation.
- Includes commentary and key cases
- Compact and portable— great for open book exams
- Succinct explanations assist students to understand and retain key principles
Table of contents
Ch 1 The History and Nature of Equity
Ch 2 Equitable Estates and Interests
Ch 3 Equitable Assignments
Ch 4 Equitable Estoppel
Ch 5 Fiduciary Obligations
Ch 6 Unconscientious Conduct
Ch 7 Undue Influence
Ch 8 Confidential Information
Ch 9 Constructive Trusts
Ch 10 Account of Profits
Ch 11 Equitable Damages and Compensation
Ch 12 Declarations, Injunctions and Specific Performance