LexisNexis Study Guide: Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 3rd edition
Begin study, revision and exam preparation with this essential tool for success!
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The LexisNexis Study Guide series is designed to assist students in learning the foundations for effective, systematic revision and exam preparation.
Each chapter clearly identifies and explains the pertinent and often difficult topics within criminal law. The most important and recent cases are summarised to consolidate practical understanding of the theoretical concepts. Key cases are summarised with the facts, issue and decision to assist readers’ understanding of the cases.
The third edition has been fully revised and updated with recent developments in case law and legislation.
• Fatal Offences
• Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person
• Sexual Offences
• Property Offences
• Lack of Will and Accident
• Lack of Capacity
• Defensive Force
• Attempts and Conspiracy
• Parties to Offences
• Simplifies exam study with the key cases and commentary needed for success in criminal law exams and assessments
• Jurisdiction-specific for Queensland and Western Australia
• Short, concise paragraphs, bullet-pointed summaries and tables help with revision of key areas
• Key cases summarised with facts, issue and decision to promote understanding of relevant principles
• Assists with effective exam study preparation
• Burton et al, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 3rd ed, 2023
• Colvin, McKechnie & Greene, Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 9th ed, 2021
• Devereux & Blake, Kenny Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 9th ed, 2016
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Introduction
- Ch 2 Fatal Offences
- Ch 3 Non-fatal Offences Against the Person
- Ch 4 Sexual Offences
- Ch 5 Property Offences
- Ch 6 Lack of Will and Accident
- Ch 7 Mistakes
- Ch 8 Lack of Capacity
- Ch 9 Defensive Force
- Ch 10 Provocation
- Ch 11 Attempts and Conspiracy
- Ch 12 Parties to Offences