LexisNexis Study Guide: Administrative Law, 3rd edition
Begin exam preparation or revision with this essential tool for success
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
LexisNexis Study Guide: Administrative Law is designed to assist students in learning the foundations of administrative law for effective, systematic exam preparation and revision.
Each chapter clearly identifies and explains the pertinent and often difficult topics within administrative law. The most important and recent cases are summarised to consolidate practical understanding of the theoretical concepts.
Key cases are summarised with the facts, issue and decision to assist readers’ understanding of the cases.
- Assists students with effective exam study preparation
- Simplifies exam study by providing students with the key cases, legislation and commentary needed for success in exams and assessments
- Short and concise paragraphs, bullet-pointed summaries and tables aid retention of complex rules and principles.
Barnes & Douglas, LNQA: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2015
Creyke, Quick Reference Card: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2017
Creyke, Groves, McMillan & Smyth, Control of Government Action: Text, Cases & Commentary, 5th ed, 2019
Douglas & Hyland, Focus: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2015
Table of contents
- Introduction to Administrative Law
- Merits Review
- The Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Reasons for Decisions
- Freedom of Information
- The Ombudsman
- Introduction to Judicial Review, Jurisdiction and Justiciability,
- Ultra Vires
- Procedural Fairness — General Principles
- The Hearing Rule
- The Rule Against Bias