LexisNexis Questions & Answers: Criminal Law for Common Law States, 3rd edition
Assists students to consolidate their knowledge
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers — Criminal Law for Common Law States is designed to facilitate both continuous review and preparation for examinations.
This book provides an understanding of criminal law for the common law states and gives a clear and systematic approach to analysing and answering problem and exam questions. Each chapter commences with a summary of the relevant cases and identification of the key issues. Each question is followed by a suggested answer plan, a sample answer and comments on how the answer might be assessed by an examiner. The authors also offer advice on common errors to avoid and practical hints and tips on how to achieve higher marks.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers — Criminal Law for Common Law States covers:
• Murder and Involuntary Manslaughter
• Voluntary Manslaughter and Defences
• Assaults and Sexual Assault
• Property and Dishonesty Offences
• Drugs, Public Order and Police Powers
• Pleas in Mitigation
• Skeleton Written Submissions on Sentence
This book also provides information on how to write good criminal law essays.
• Helps students revise key areas before attempting problem questions
• Assists students with effective exam study preparation
• Enables students to practise applying their knowledge to hypothetical problems
• Crofts, Criminal Law Elements, 6th ed, 2018
• Howie, LexisNexis Case Summaries — Criminal Law, 2014
• Howie & Johnson, Annotated Criminal Legislation New South Wales 2020-2021 edition, 2020
• Howie, Sattler & Hood, Criminal Law and Procedure in New South Wales, 6th ed, 2020
• Crofts et al, Waller & Williams Criminal Law: Text and Cases, 14th ed, 2021
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Murder and Involuntary Manslaughter
- Ch 2 Voluntary Manslaughter and Defences
- Ch 3 Assaults and Sexual Assault
- Ch 4 Property and Dishonesty Offences
- Ch 5 Drugs, Public Order and Police Powers
- Ch 6 Sentencing
- Ch 7 Pleas in Mitigation
- Ch 8 Skeleton Written Submissions on Sentence