LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Legal Practice and Ethics, 4th edition
Provides students with a clear and systematic approach to successfully tackling assessment questions on legal professional practice and ethics.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Each chapter of this useful book commences with a clear discussion of key principles and issues, including a summary of relevant cases and legislation for effective revision. Comparative tables of legislative provisions for each state and territory are included. Examples of written questions with fact scenarios follow, each with a suggested answer plan, sample answer and comments on how the answer might be viewed by an examiner.
Readers are provided with advice on common errors to avoid when answering questions and practical hints and tips on how to achieve higher marks.
The commentary and the questions and answers in the fourth edition have been fully revised to include current issues affecting lawyers. Recent case law is discussed and state and territory rules and legislation have been updated to capture the latest important developments.
• Clear and succinct coverage of all key issues
• Legislation in all Australian jurisdictions discussed
• Integrates both the regulatory and ethical aspects of the professional conduct regime
• Includes questions with answer guide, model answer, examiners comments and common answers to avoid
• Esparraga, Ethical Legal Practice and Professional Conduct, 2019
• Field, Duffy & Huggins, Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities, 2nd ed, 2020
• MacFarlane & Ross, Ethics, Professional Responsibility and Legal Practice, 2016
Table of contents
- Ch 1: Ethics, Morality and the Legal Profession
- Ch 2: Admission to Practice
- Ch 3: Money Matters
- Ch 4: Duties Owed to Clients
- Ch 5: Duties of Lawyers to the Court
- Ch 6: Duty of Lawyers to the Profession
- Ch 7: Complaints and Discipline