LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Equity and Trusts, 5th edition
A clear and systematic approach to successfully analysing and answering assessment questions on equity and trusts
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Equity and Trusts provides succinct summaries of equity and trusts law to assist students to consolidate their understanding, apply their knowledge and gain feedback through practice revision questions and answers.
Each chapter commences with a succinct overview of key principles and issues including leading cases and legislation for effective revision. Examples of problem questions with fact scenarios and/or essay questions follow, each with a suggested answer plan, sample answer and likely examiner’s comments. Readers are provided with advice on common errors to avoid when answering questions and practical hints and tips on how to achieve higher marks.
• Summary of key issues, cases and legislation aids revision
• Questions with answer guide, model answer, examiners comments and common answers to avoid
• Assists students understand how to structure written responses to essay and problem assessment tasks
• Barkhall Thomas & Vann, LexisNexis Study Guide Equity, 3rd ed, 2015
• Barkhall Thomas & Vann, LexisNexis Study Guide Trusts, 3rd ed, 2016
• Evans, Jones & Power, Equity and Trusts, 4th ed, 2016
Table of contents
- Ch 1 The Nature and History of Equity
- Ch 2 The Classification of Equitable Interests and Priorities
- Ch 3 Equitable Assignments: The Requirements of Writing
- Ch 4 Equitable Assignments: The Requirements of Form
- Ch 5 Fiduciary Obligations
- Ch 6 Third Party Liability for Breach of Fiduciary Obligation
- Ch 7 Confidential Information
- Ch 8 Unconscionable Transactions: Undue Influence and Unconscionable Bargains
- Ch 9 Penalties and Forfeiture
- Ch 10 Estoppel
- Ch 11 Determining Ownership of Property in Equity: Resulting and Constructive Trusts
- Ch 12 Equitable Remedies: Specific Performance
- Ch 13 Injunctions and Declarations
- Ch 14 Monetary Remedies
- Ch 15 The Nature, Description and Classification of Trusts
- Ch 16 The Creation of Express Trusts: The Constitution of Trusts
- Ch 17 The Creation of Express Trusts: The Three Certainties
- Ch 18 Discretionary Trusts and Powers
- Ch 19 The Legality of Trusts
- Ch 20 Purpose Trusts
- Ch 21 Charitable Trusts
- Ch 22The Office of Trustee: Capacity, Appointment and Removal of Trustees
- Ch 23 The Office of Trustee: Powers, Duties and Discretion
- Ch 24 The Office of Trustee: Rights, Liabilities and Defences
- Ch 25 The Beneficiary: Rights and Remedies