LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Criminal Procedure, 2nd edition
A clear and systematic approach for success with criminal procedure assignments and exams
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Criminal Procedure is designed to facilitate both continuous review and preparation for assessments and examinations.
This book provides an understanding of criminal procedure and gives a clear and systematic approach to analysing and answering problem and exam questions. Each chapter commences with a summary of the relevant law and key issues. Each question is followed by a suggested answer plan, a sample answer and comments on how the answer might be assessed by an examiner. The author also offers advice on common errors to avoid when answering each question.
Questions cover a comprehensive range of topics including arrest, detention and search after arrest, bail, obtaining evidence and forensic procedures, the right to silence and police interrogation, entry onto and search of premises, sentencing and pleas in mitigation, and the appeal process.
The second edition has been revised and expanded in line with recent developments in case law and legislation.
• Summary of relevant law and key issues in each chapter
• Questions with answer guide, suggested answer, examiners comments and common errors to avoid
• Helps students revise key areas before attempting problem questions
• Assists students with effective exam study preparation
• Hemming, Feld & Anthony, Criminal Procedure in Australia, 3rd ed, 2024
• Kirchengast & Finlay, Criminal Law in Australia, 3rd ed, 2023
Table of contents
- Ch 1. Policing: Search, Arrest and Detention
- Ch 2. Policing: Right to Silence and Police Interrogation
- Ch 3. Commencing Proceedings: Charge and Bail
- Ch 4. Indictment, Pleas and Double Jeopardy
- Ch 5. Trial Process: Participants and Proof
- Ch 6. Appeal Process and Sentencing