LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Constitutional Law, 5th edition
A clear and systematic approach to successfully analysing and answering constitutional law assignments and exams
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Constitutional Law provides a sound understanding of Australian constitutional law and gives a clear and systematic approach to analysing and answering problem and exam questions in this complex area. Each chapter commences with a summary of the relevant law and key issues. All questions are followed by a suggested answer plan, a sample answer and comments on how the answer might be assessed by an examiner. The author also offers advice on the common errors to avoid when answering each question. It includes a separate chapter of hypothetical fact situations that incorporate multiple constitutional issues in a single problem question.
The fifth edition has been revised and updated throughout and includes new chapters on the states and territories and first nations peoples and the constitution.
• Summaries of relevant law and key issues in each chapter
• Questions with answer guide, suggested answer, examiners comments and common errors to avoid
• Helps students revise key areas before attempting problem questions
• Assists students with effective exam study preparation
• Hanks et al, Constitutional Law in Australia, 4th ed
• Harvey et al, LexisNexis Study Guide: Constitutional Law, 5th ed
• Price, LexisNexis Case Summaries, Constitutional Law, 7th ed, 2024
• Trone, Lumb, Moens & Trone The Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia Annotated, 10th ed, 2021
Table of contents
- Ch 1. Introduction to the Commonwealth Constitution
- Ch 2. Constitutional Concepts
- Ch 3. The High Court and Separation of Judicial Power
- Ch 4. Commonwealth Executive
- Ch 5. Commonwealth Parliament
- Ch 6. Taxation and Grants Powers
- Ch 7. Duties of Excise
- Ch 8. Trade and Commerce Power
- Ch 9. Freedom of Interstate Trade
- Ch 10. Corporations Power
- Ch 11. External Affairs Power
- Ch 12. Defence Power
- Ch 13. Inconsistency of Laws
- Ch 14. Intergovernmental Immunities
- Ch 15. Individual Rights and the Commonwealth Constitution
- Ch 16. Implied Rights and Freedoms
- Ch 17. First Nations
- Ch 18. States and Territories
- Ch 19. Revision Problems