LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 6th edition
An indispensable and authoritative reference work containing over 11,000 defined terms in more than 100 subject areas.
General Editors: Ray Finkelstein and David Hamer
Specialist Area Editors: Rod Howie and Samantha Hepburn
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This 6th Edition of the LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, reviewed, updated and expanded by a large team of legal experts from across Australia, features succinct plain English definitions, supported by judicial and legislative authority, to provide a key point of reference for practitioners, students and the general reader. The scope, relevance and currency of the terms defined ensure that this work remains the most accurate, authoritative and popular legal dictionary in Australia.
• Over 11,000 terms in more than 100 subject areas
• Extensive coverage in core legal areas
• Concise plain English definitions
• Contributions selected, reviewed and edited by Australian legal experts
• Legislative and judicial authority supports key definitions
• Extensive cross-referencing for easy navigation to related terms
• Phonetic pronunciation of Latin terms
• Appendices of useful information, including the Commonwealth Constitution
• Encyclopaedic Australian Legal Dictionary - online
• Australian Legal Words and Phrases - online
• Finkelstein & Hamer, LexisNexis Australian Legal Dictionary, 2nd ed, 2016 • Bott & Talbot-Stokes, Nemes & Coss’ Effective Legal Research, 7th ed, 2018
• Stuhmcke, LexisNexis Guide: Legal Referencing, 5th ed, 2019