Legal Interviewing — A How to Guide is for those who wish to learn how to conduct an initial legal interview effectively.
The importance of good interviewing is explained and the book includes strategies for effective interviewing, handy checklists, clear and practical examples for analysis, and exercises for practice and review. Common mistakes in interviews are highlighted.
The text is written within a clear theoretical framework. Lawyers are encouraged to see the interview as a dynamic whole and also as part of the entire process in which effective practices are married with knowledge of substantive law and with an understanding of various ethical precepts.
Table of contents
- Setting the practical context: how to use this book
- Setting the theoretical context
- The importance of god communication
- Planning and preparing for the interview
- Commencing: from lift to armchair
- Obtaining the narrative
- Developing theories and strategies
- Generating and exploring options
- Making decisions
- Concluding: armchair to lift
- Homework: following up the interview
- Wanting more on ethical issues and professional conduct?
- Going forward
Legal Interviewing: Theory, Tactics and TechniquesRelease Date: August 01, 1996AUD$ 95.00
LexisNexis Study Guide: Property Law, 2nd edition (eBook), Property Law in New South Wales, 4th edition (eBook) and Australian Property Law Cases, Materials and Analysis, 4th edition (eBook) (Bundle)AUD$ 236.60
LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Legal Practice and Ethics, 3rd edition (eBook)Release Date: July 15, 2019AUD$ 65.00