Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities, 2nd edition
Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities is an essential guide to positive lawyering knowledge, skills and practice
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities is designed to help law students successfully navigate the demands of law studies and legal practice through the development of positive professional legal identities. It focuses on the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for law students to be motivated and engaged learners, and psychologically healthy individuals.
Positive lawyering knowledge and practice are central themes, with a particular emphasis on lawyers’ roles as upholders of the rule of law, as dispute resolvers and as ethical professionals. The diverse range of topics includes lawyering, dispute resolution, ethics, resilience and self-management, addressing the threshold learning outcomes for the Australian law curriculum. Throughout, the authors provide practical, experience-based advice on the development of core skills for legal education and practice.
The second edition of this book has been fully revised and offers a refreshed take on the themes of the original edition, reflecting the dynamic and fluid nature of legal education and practice. This book is an essential companion for law students wishing to establish a strong foundation for a successful legal career in the contemporary legal profession.
- Introduces students to positive ways of lawyering
- Develops essential skills including critical thinking, communications skills and reflective practice
- Provides a context for professional practice and ethical behaviour
- Fosters students’ emergent sense of a positive professional legal identity
- Equips students with the capacity to self-manage their study and professional practice on graduation
- Creyke at al, Laying Down the Law, 10th ed, 2018
- Ebejer, LexisNexis Questions & Answers: Legal Practice and Ethics, 3rd ed, 2019
- Esparraga, Ethical Legal Practice and Professional Conduct, 2019
Table of contents
- A Positive Professional Identity for Lawyers
- What Lawyers Need to Know and be Able to Do
- Happiness, Hope and Optimism
- Lawyers as Reflective Professionals
- Lawyers as Life-Long and Independent Learners
- Lawyers as Ethical Decision-Makers
- Lawyers as Ethical Professionals
- Lawyers as Thinkers
- Lawyers as Resilient Professionals
- The Psychology of Legal Practice
- Lawyers as Upholders of the Rule of Law
- Lawyers as Managers and Resolvers of Conflicts and Disputes
- Lawyers as Advocates
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Innovative Legal Practices
New!PreorderLumb, Moens & Trone The Constitution of The Commonwealth of Australia Annotated, 10th edition and LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Constitutional Law, 5th edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: February 10, 2024AUD$ 204.00
Australian Corporate Law, 8th edition and Australian Corporations Legislation 2024 (2 Volume Set) (Bundle)Release Date: December 06, 2023AUD$ 279.65
Australian Tax 2024 and Concise Tax Legislation 2024 (Bundle)Release Date: December 07, 2023AUD$ 265.20