Law of Commerce, 2nd edition
A customised text for Law of Commerce (LAW20019) students at Swinburne University
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Law of Commerce 2nd edition has been compiled for students undertaking LAW20019 at Swinburne University of technology. It is designed to be used in conjunction with the Reading Guide for this unit, which is made available to students enrolled in the subject.
• Law of Commerce 2nd edition is tailored around the unit outline and includes all topics to be covered in the course
• Jeffrey Fitzpatrick, Christopher Symes, Angelo Velijanovski & David Parker, Business and Corporations Law, 4th ed, 2020
• Anil Hargovan, Michael Adams & Catherine Brown, Australian Corporate Law, 7th ed, 2021
• Andrew Coleman, Mark Bender, Judyann Clarke, Zoe Hunter, Aaron Lane, Jeannie Marie Paterson, Christina Platz & Laura Schuwalow, Law in Commerce, 7th ed, 2020
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 The Australian Legal System
- Chapter 2 Introduction to Contract Law
- Chapter 3 Offer to Contract
- Chapter 4 Terms of Contract, Interpretation of Terms
- Chapter 5 Genuine Consent of Parties in Contract Law
- Chapter 6 Discharge of Contract and Remedies for Breach of Contract
- Chapter 7 Business Structures
- Chapter 8 Incorporation and its Effects
- Chapter 9 Internal Governance: Constitution and Replaceable Rules
- Chapter 10 Corporate Liability: Contract
- Chapter 11 Directors and Officers
- Chapter 12 Directors’ and Officers’ Duties: Good Faith and
- Proper Purpose
- Chapter 13 Directors and Officers: Conflicts of Interest
- Chapter 14 Directors and Officers: The Duty of Care and Diligence
- Chapter 15 Directors and Officers: Corporate Governance During Times of Financial Distress
- Chapter 16 Members’ Remedies