Law in Commerce, 6th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Mac OS X operating systems
Not compatible with MacBook Air, Kobo eReader, and Microsoft Surface
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Law in Commerce 6th edition is an easily accessible text for business students. It includes coverage of the most important areas of business and commercial law including contracts, consumer law, trusts and company law.
Law in Commerce is an easily accessible text for business law students. The sixth edition has been updated to include major developments in business law, including new cases on Australian Consumer Law.
Each chapter begins with a short scenario to ‘set the scene’. Other features to assist learning include flow charts, diagrams, discussions of key points, case summaries and margin definitions. Additional online material includes a student webquiz, links to cases, news, updates and flashcards. Extensive lecturer support is also available.
- ‘Setting the scene’ vignettes at the start of each chapter to place the law into real life examples
- Dynamic design to encourage student engagement
- Learning support to assist lecturers with class preparation: solutions for assessment, PowerPoint slides, multiple choice questions, short question and answers.
Ardagh, LNQA Business Law, 2nd edition, 2016
Harris, Hargovan & Adams, Australian Corporate Law, 5th edition, 2016
Traves, Commercial Law, 4th edition, 2016
Table of contents
- Introduction – Law and The Australian Legal System
- Liability for Defective Products
- Misrepresentation and Unconscionable Conduct - Upholding the basic norms of Commercial Misconduct
- Making the Contract - Offer and Acceptance
- Making the Contract — Intention and Consideration
- Express Terms of the Contract
- Implied Terms in Contracts
- Remedies in Contract Cases
- Consumers’ Rights and the Supply of Goods and Services
- Introduction to Company Law
- Duties of Company Directors and Other Officers
- Introduction to Trusts