Interpretation Acts in Australia, 2nd edition
A clear, precise and practical guide to the Interpretation Acts that govern the construction and interpretation of legislation
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Interpretation Acts in Australia is a unique title providing a clear, precise and practical guide to the Interpretation Acts of each Australian jurisdiction. This second edition adds an extra 300 case references to the first edition. It covers the new Legislation Interpretation Act 2021 of South Australia and the amendments made to the Acts of the other jurisdictions since the publication of the first edition. It is an essential resource for all legal practitioners and other professionals dealing with legislation.
• A companion text to D C Pearce, Statutory Interpretation in Australia, 9th ed
• 1st edition cited multiple times in various courts
• Pearce & Argument, Delegated Legislation in Australia, 6th edition
• D C Pearce, Statutory Interpretation in Australia 9th edition
• D C Pearce, Administrative Appeals Tribunal, 5th edition
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Commencement, Amendment, Repeal
- Chapter 3 Framework and Content of Legislation
- Chapter 4 Particular General References
- Chapter 5 Particular Words
- Chapter 6 Particular Activities
- Chapter 7 Governmental Offices: Definitions, Appointments and Delegations
- Chapter 8 Exercise of Powers
- Chapter 9 Miscellaneous