Intellectual and Industrial Property Law, 3rd edition
Intellectual and Industrial Property Law, 3rd edition is a clear and accessible introduction to contemporary Australian intellectual property law
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This engaging text explains and discusses the major principles and issues underpinning intellectual and industrial property law in Australia. The content is structured to develop an understanding of each key topic, while a separate chapter on remedies introduces matters of practical importance in intellectual property disputes. Also included in this text are plentiful cases to illustrate how intellectual and industrial property law has been applied.
The third edition has been revised to cover important recent developments in case law and legislation, including:
- the Report of the Productivity Commission concerning Intellectual Property Arrangements in Australia (2016)
- significant recent cases concerning the patentability of medical inventions
- important amendments to the Copyright Act, including new powers for the Federal Court to block access to foreign infringement websites
- interesting new cases concerning registration and infringement of non-traditional trade marks
- notable developments in the law of passing off and consumer deception
- Wide-ranging coverage of legal issues
- Accessible, reader-friendly style
- Authoritative author
Stewart et al, Intellectual Property in Australia, 6th ed, 2018
Ricketson et al, Intellectual Property: Cases, Materials and Commentary, 6th ed, 2019
LexisNexis Legislation Series: Intellectual Property Collection, 2019
Table of contents
- Themes and Concepts in Intellectual Property Law
- Copyright: Subsistence Requirements
- Copyright: Ownership and Exploitation
- Copyright Infringement in General
- Copyright: Other Rights and Exceptions
- Registered Designs
- Patents: Subject Matter
- Patents: Novelty and Inventiveness
- Patents: Ownership, Assignment and Licence
- Patents: Infringement
- Breach of Confidence: Elements of the Action
- Breach of Confidence: Defences, Remedies and Employees
- Passing Off
- Registered Trade Marks: Definition of a Mark and Distinctiveness
- Registered Trade Marks: Other Requirements
- Registered Trade Marks: Infringement
- Sui Generis Regimes: Circuit Layouts and Plant Varieties
- Remedies in Intellectual Property Law