Information Privacy Governance and Regulation in Australia: An E-Commerce Perspective
A high level scholarly work covering information governance in the electronic and international environment
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Information Privacy Governance and Regulation in Australia: An E-Commerce Perspective is a high level scholarly work covering information governance in the e-commerce and international environment in Australia. Written by a respected academic in this field, this book provides an introduction to e-commerce and internet law, with a focus on intellectual property aspects. This is followed by comprehensive commentary on international privacy laws, the domestic and international frameworks for information governance, challenges in regulation and law reform in this area both in Australia and globally.
• Written by distinguished academic
• E-commerce and information governance examined in the international environment
• Up to date commentary on law reform
• Blount, Electronic Contracts, 2nd edition, 2015
• Cremean, Freedom of Information: What You Need to Know, 2015
• Gamertsfelder, Corporate Information and the Law, 2nd edition, 2015
• LexisNexis Legislation Series: Intellectual Property Collection 2018
• Paterson, Freedom of Information and Privacy in Australia: Information Access 2.0, 2nd edition, 2015
Table of contents
- Part 1: The Digital Medium and E-commerce
- Chapter 1
- An Overview of the Internet, Information Technology, E-commerce and M-commerce Issues and Challenges
- Chapter 2
- Information Technology and How Information Privacy is Violated
- Chapter 3
- The Impact of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) on Consumer Privacy and Data Governance
- Part 2: The Right to Privacy, Consent and the Waiver of Privacy Rights
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Consent and the Waiver of Privacy Rights
- Part 3: International Landscape and Framework for Information Privacy
- Chapter 6
- Informational Privacy: the OECD and EU Norms
- Part 4: Statutory Landscape and Structure for Data Privacy in Australia
- Chapter 7
- Statutory Information Privacy Protection in Australia
- Chapter 8
- Industry Privacy Codes
- Chapter 9
- Complaints Handling, Compliance, and Enforcement
- Chapter 10
- Concluding Thoughts and Future Directions
New!Civil Procedure: Commentary and Materials, 8th edition and LexisNexis Study Guide: Civil Procedure, 3rd edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: May 15, 2022AUD$ 191.25
Australian Tax 2022 and Concise Tax Legislation 2022 (Bundle)Release Date: March 07, 2022AUD$ 250.75
Family Law in Australia, 10th edition and Annotated Family Law Legislation, 6th edition (Bundle)Release Date: December 22, 2021AUD$ 301.50