Hammerschlag’s Commercial Court Handbook, 2nd edition
A practical guide to conducting proceedings in the NSW Supreme Court commercial lists.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Proceedings in the Commercial List, the Technology and Construction List, and the Commercial Arbitration List of the Supreme Court of New South Wales together provide for the expeditious disposition of causes arising out of commercial transactions, building and engineering work, and commercial arbitration. Viewed as a whole, these three Lists effectively comprise the commercial court. There is some overlap with the Corporations List and the Real Property List.
This book intended to be a practical tool for the benefit of those who practise in the commercial jurisdiction. It provides guidance as to the practical operation of the three Lists by covering aspects of procedure not discoverable on the face of the rules or practice directions.
This second edition has been revised throughout. It also contains information on the Corporations List and the Real Property List and about case management changes that were necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Drawing on his deep knowledge and experience of case management, the author gives clear explanations on appropriate procedural matters to enable practitioners to further the goal of securing the just, quick and economic disposal of proceedings. The clear and authoritative commentary is the essential information for practitioners operating in the commercial jurisdiction.
• Essential information for effective court appearance and case management
• Taylor, Bellew, Meek & Elms, Ritchie’s Uniform Civil Procedure New South Wales, LexisNexis
• Zuckerman et al, Zuckerman on Australian Civil Procedure, 2018
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Case Management
- Ch 2 The Commercial List and Technology and Construction List
- Ch 3 Class Actions — CPA Part 10
- Ch 4 The Commercial Arbitration List
- Ch 5 The Corporations and Real Property Lists
- Appendix 1 - Practice Note SC Eq 3
- Appendix 2 - Practice Note SC Eq 4
- Appendix 3 - Practice Note SC Eq 5
- Appendix 4 - Practice Note SC Eq 9
- Appendix 5 - Practice Note SC Eq 11
- Appendix 6 - Practice Note SC Eq 12
- Appendix 7 - Practice Note SC Gen 5
- Appendix 8 - Practice Note SC Gen 7
- Appendix 9 - Practice Note SC Gen 17
- Appendix 10 - Specimen directions and orders