General Protections Under the Fair Work Act (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it.
eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
eBooks are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions on MacOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
Not compatible with Kobo eReader and Kindle.
For further information, please refer to the eBooks FAQs here
General Protections Under the Fair Work Act is a single resource for practitioners and HR professionals dealing with claims under Part 3-1 of the Fair Work Act
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The general protections provisions of the Fair Work Act (Part 3-1) are intended to protect workplace rights, promote freedom of association and provide protection from workplace discrimination. Written by lawyers experienced in the field, General Protections Under the Fair Work Act is a single resource for legal practitioners and HR professionals who deal with proposing, issuing or responding to claims under the Act. The authors examine the legislative provisions underpinning each of the causes of action which exist under Part 3-1; examine the relevant case law; and analyse the relief available under the Act.
• A single resource on employment law protections
• Provides analysis and guidance
• Practical focus
• Donaghey, Termination of Employment, 2nd edition, 2012
• Catanzariti & Egan, Workplace Bullying, 2015
• Catanzariti et al, Fair Work Act and Related Legislation 2017-2018
• Harpur, Quick Reference Card: Anti-Discrimination Law in the Workplace, 2016
Table of contents
- The Background to Claims for General Protections and Procedural Issues
- Adverse Actions and Prohibited Conduct
- The Concept of Workplace Rights
- The Concept of Industrial Activity and Associated Prohibitions
- The Prohibitions on Undue Influence, Misrepresentation and Coercion
- Protection from Discrimination
- The Prohibition on Sham Contracting
- Liability and Remedies