Fundamentals of Australian Administrative Law Questions and Answers
Quick reference short questions with answers across all key administrative law topics
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This innovative new text provides students of administrative law with a quick search resource to answer questions across all key topics within Australian administrative law. Adopting a flipped reading approach to learning, it comprises short questions and answers, addressing important principles in a summary way to facilitate study and revision. Each short answer presents a justification referring to the relevant legislation and case law.
The book can be used either to refresh understanding of foundational principles, terms and legal authorities relating to complex legal topics, or readers can use each chapter as preliminary reading to obtain an initial grounding of the core ideas within a topic to build their understanding from the foundational level to the comprehensive.
It is an ideal companion to a more complex textbook such as Creyke et al, Control of Government Action: Text, Cases and Commentary, and suggested readings from the sixth edition of that text are provided at the conclusion of each chapter. It will equally be suitable as a companion resource for use with any other administrative law textbook.
• Concise direct identification of key principles
• Questions and answer format directs learning
• Provides references to supporting cases and legislation
• Offers a flipped reading approach to develop understanding of key concepts
• Aligns with teaching in Australian administrative law
• Creyke et al, Control of Government Action: Text, Cases and Commentary, 6th ed, 2022
• Howe, LexisNexis Study Guide: Administrative Law, 3rd ed, 2020
• Ardagh, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Administrative Law, 6th ed, 2014
Table of contents
- Theory, History and Context
- Constitutional Considerations
- Foundation Concepts of Judicial Review
- Merits Review and Administrative Tribunals
- Other Methods of Administrative Law Review
- Rule-Making and Control of Subordinate Legislation
- The Framework for Judicial Review
- Unauthorised Decision-Making
- Natural Justice
- Statutory Purpose and Relevant Considerations
- Executive Policies, Directions and Representations
- Law, Fact and Evidence
- Unreasonableness, Irrationality and Proportionality
- Jurisdictional Error
- Executive Power and Decision-Making
- The Consequences of Unlawful Decision-Making
- Judicial Review Remedies
- Access to Information
- Obtaining Reasons for Government Decisions
- Failure to Perform a Statutory Duty