Focus: Family Law, 8th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
An ideal introduction to Australian family law policy, legislation and key cases
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Focus: Family Law provides an ideal introduction to family law. It contains clear explanations and analysis of the law and its underlying policy, as well as a synopsis of the facts of, and excerpts from, the leading judgments in key family law cases. Problem questions at the end of each chapter provide the opportunity to apply the principles to hypothetical scenarios, encouraging discussion of the broader impact of family law.
This eighth edition provides extensive discussion of recent cases and policy, and the current debates around the structure of the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court and their future existence. Important recent decisions include:
• Masson v Parsons  HCA 21
• Thorne v Kennedy  HCA 49
• Bondelmonte v Bondelmonte  HCA 8
• Commissioner of Taxation v Tomaras  HCA 6
• Clear explanations of core concepts consolidate understanding of fundamental principles and case law
• Pedagogical design that provides a constructivist learning approach
• Problem questions with structured sample answers
• Succinct summaries of key cases
• Holmes, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Family Law, 6th ed, 2016
• Young, Kenny & Monahan (eds), Children and the Law in Australia, 2nd ed, 2017
• Young, Sifris, Carroll & Monahan, Family Law in Australia, 9th ed, 2016
Table of contents
- The Evolving Face of the Family
- Constitutional and Jurisdictional Issues of Family Law
- Nullity and Divorce
- Parental Responsibility and the Child Support Scheme
- Spousal Maintenance
- Distribution of Matrimonial Property
- Financial Disputes between De Facto Partners
- Violence within the Family