Fisher & Lightwood's Law of Mortgage, 3rd Edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it.
eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
eBooks are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions on MacOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
Not compatible with Kobo eReader and Kindle.
For further information, please refer to the eBooks FAQs here
Fisher & Lightwood's has been the most detailed and comprehensive book on mortgages.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Fisher & Lightwood's has been the most detailed and comprehensive book on mortgages. It was first publuished in 1856 and has gone into 13 editions in England. The first Australian edition was published in 1995 and has become the leading Australian work on mortgages. It not only takes from the English edition all the comprehensive work but also thoroughly considers mortgages under the torrens system and securities that exist over various unique types of property that exist in Australia.
The third Australian edition now comes 8 years after the previous edition. It not only deals with new legislation such as the Personal Property Securities Law, but also includes examination of the many cases decided in the last eight years including the significant number on forged mortgages under the Torrens System.
• Up to date case law analysis
• Essential text on Australian mortgages and securities
• The text is written in plain English, explaining difficult legal concepts clearly.
Related LexisNexis Titles
Bransgrove and Young, The Essential Guide to Mortgage Law in Australia, 2nd edition 2013
Croft and Hay, The Mortgagee?s Power of Sale, 3rd edition, 2012
Young, Cahill and Newton, LNAA: Annotated Conveyancing and Real Property Legislation NSW, 2012-2013
Table of contents
Part I - Mortgages and Charges
- Mortgages and Other Securities Generally
- Charges and Liens
- Mortgages of Land at Common Law
- Mortgages of Torrens System Land
- Security Interests over Personal Property covered by the PPSA
- Mortgages of Things in Action
- Statutory Charges and judgments
- Special Securities
- Second and Subsequent Mortgages
Part II - Parties to Mortgages
- Parties to Mortgages
Part III - The Mortgagor's Rights
- Mortgagor's Rights
Part IV - Void or Imperfect Securities
- Void or Imperfect Securities
Part V - Transfer and Devolution of Mortgages
- Transfer and Devolution of Mortgages
Part VI - The Mortgagee's Remedies
- The Mortgagee's Remedies
- The Personal Remedy
- The Appointment of a Receiver
- The Mortgagee's Right to Possession
- The Mortgagee's Power of Sale
- Foreclosure and Judicial Sale
- Procedure on Foreclosure
- Insolvency of Mortgagor
Part VII - Priorities of Mortgages
- Priorities of Mortgages
- Tacking Further Advances
- Priority by Notice to Trustees
- Effect of Registration of Deeds
- Effect of the Torrens System
Part VIII - Incidence of the Mortgage Debt
- Incidence as Between Different Properties
Part IX - Discharge of the Mortgage
- Redemption Proceedings
- The Release of the Debt or Security
- Waiver and Allied Concepts
- Destruction or Loss of the Property
- Discharge or Modification by Statute
Part X - Accounts and Costs