Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 10th edition
A comprehensive guide to providing financial understanding and advice
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management explains in clear and plain language the concepts, vehicles and strategies required for providing sound advice on creating, investing, and managing personal wealth. Focusing on individual wealth-management problems, it provides an overview of the financial planning environment and discusses core principles and key practices. This 10th edition considers recent changes to the law, including the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA) Code of Ethics . In light of tighter regulation arising from the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry, this text has continued to provide a chapter on Ethics and Professionalism that explores conflict of interest dilemmas for advising professionals. Additionally, the area of Behavioural Finance has been given substantial treatment in the new edition to cover the FASEA requirements in this area.
To support the teaching and learning needs of financial planning courses run by registered training organisations (RTOs), associations, universities, colleges and professional bodies, this title provides end-of-chapter questions, problems and case studies that offer opportunities to apply foundational knowledge to real-world situations. Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 10th edition also comes with access to interactive online learning activities and resources through the Lexis® Learning platform.
• Engaging presentation of pedagogy
• Accompanied by a wealth of online materials for lecturers and students
• Content aligned with FPA curriculum for certified planners
• Updated for currency
• Taylor, Financial Planning Essentials 2019 Edition, 2019
• Perkins & Monahan, Estate Planning: A Practical Guide for Estate and Financial Services Professionals, 5th edition, 2020
Table of contents
- Part 1 — Introduction: Setting the Scene
- 1. The Financial Planning Environment
- 2. Ethics and Compliance
- 3. The Client-Adviser Relationship
- 4. Constructing a Statement of Advice
- Part 2 — Building Wealth
- 5. Cash Flow and Budgeting
- 6. Securing and Managing Credit
- 7. Asset Allocation and Managing Risk
- 8. Investing in Shares
- 9. Investing in Fixed-Income Securities
- 10. Investing in Property and Collectables
- 11. Investing in Managed Funds
- 12. Investing in Superannuation
- Part 3 — Managing Wealth
- 13. Taxation: An Overview for Financial Planners
- 14. Tax Strategies
- 15. Insurance – Life
- 16. Insurance – Income Protection, Health and General
- Part 4 — Using Your Wealth
- 17. Superannuation and Retirement
- 18. Social Security
- 19. Estate Planning – Core Principles and Practice
- 20. Keys to Successful Financial Planning
- Appendix A — Time Value of Money
- Appendix B — Present and Future Value Tables