Financial Agreements under the Family Law Act
Authoritative guidance on the law and practice relating to family law financial agreements.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The preparation and enforcement of effective and appropriate financial agreements in family law matters can be challenging for both novice and experienced legal practitioners. This important and authoritative new work is designed to assist practitioners to understand the complex points of law that must be considered and applied when undertaking family law matters involving financial agreements under the Family Law Act. It also provides clear guidance on the preparation of such agreements and includes relevant precedents that may be adapted to the circumstances of each client.
The topics include the requirements for financial agreements, the financial matters covered, termination of agreements, superannuation agreements, and advice on drafting effective agreements.
• Authoritative expert analysis
• In-depth coverage on agreements under the Family Law Act
• Practical guidance on drafting effective family law agreements
• Chisholm, Christie & Kearney, Annotated Family Law Legislation, 5th ed, 2019
• Serisier, Practising Family Law, 4th ed, 2019
• Young et al, Family Law in Australia, 9th ed, 2016
Table of contents
- Part 1 Financial Agreements: Law
- 1. Introduction and Preliminary Matters
- 2. Jurisdiction, Commencement and Enforcement
- 3. Requirements of a Financial Agreement
- 4. Required Financial Matters
- 5. Requirements for a Binding Financial Agreement
- 6. Superannuation Agreements
- 7. Termination of Financial Agreements: General
- 8. Termination of Financial Agreements by a Court
- Part 2 Financial Agreements: Practice
- 9. Recitals of Financial Agreements
- 10. Drafting the Operative Provisions of Financial Agreements
- 11. Substantive and Supplementary Provisions
- Appendix: Operative Provisions for Parties to Retain their Separate Property both Before and After Separation