Family Law and Bankruptcy
A comprehensive guide designed to unpack the complex intersection between family law and bankruptcy
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Family Law and Bankruptcy is a comprehensive guide designed to unpack the intersection between family law and bankruptcy. This book is a must have for practitioners in who practice in the areas of family law and bankruptcy, as well as for insolvency practitioners who want to understand this often-complex intersection.
• A unique, accessible and comprehensive guide to the intersection of bankruptcy and family law matters
• Authored by a leading practitioner in the area
• Update to date commentary on cases and legislation
• Chisholm, Kearney & Barnett, Annotated Family Law Legislation, 7th edition, 2023
• Murray & Nichols, Annotated Bankruptcy Act 1966, 9th ed, 2022
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – State of Law Prior to 2005 Amendments
- Chapter 3 – Critical Amendments to the Bankruptcy Act and Family Law Act
- Chapter 4 – Jurisdiction and Transfer
- Chapter 5 – Consequences of Bankruptcy
- Chapter 6 – Proceedings under the Bankruptcy Act
- Chapter 7 – Property Settlement Proceedings: General
- Chapter 8 – Property Settlement Proceedings: Alteration of Property Interests
- Chapter 9 – Property Settlement Proceedings: Setting Aside or Varying Property Adjustment Orders
- Chapter 10 – Spousal Maintenance
- Chapter 11 – Financial Agreements
- Chapter 12 – Transactions to Defeat Claims under the Family Law Act
- Chapter 13 – Child Support
- Chapter 14 – Additional Matters Arising under the Family Law Act and FCFCOA Family Law Rules