Family Law: An Australian Guide
A straightforward guide to navigating family law in Australia
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This useful book has been designed to simplify the complex structure and procedures of Australian family law for the non-specialist lawyer practising in other areas of law affected by a family law matter, professionals working in related fields such as social workers, accountants and psychologists, and individuals who find themselves parties to a family law matter through either separation or divorce, especially self-represented litigants.
Written by an author with extensive experience practising in family law matters, it offers clear explanations of family law concepts supported by references to the pertinent legislation and case law.
• Explains family law procedures in simple terms
• Covers all key aspects of family law proceedings
• Provides details of relevant legislation and case law
• Serisier, Practising Family Law, 5th ed, 2022
• Ebejer, Byrne & Aylett, Focus: Family Law, 9th ed, 2022
• Holmes, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Family Law, 6th ed, 2016
• Sifris et al, Family Law in Australia, 10th ed, 2021
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Jurisdiction
- 3. Divorce — Ending the Relationship
- 4. Negotiations, Mediations, Arbitrations and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 5. Parenting and LAT Proceedings
- 6. Property and Financial Proceedings
- 7. Spousal Maintenance
- 8. Child Support and Child Maintenance
- 9. Self-Represented Litigant
- 10. Documenting a Family Law Settlement
- 11. First Court Event, Short Hearing and Conciliation Conference
- 12. Drafting Affidavits
- 13. Drafting Orders
- 14. Evidence, Expert Evidence and Document Disclosure
- 15. Costs
- 16. Appeals