Criminal Law in Australia, 2nd edition
Criminal Law in Australia, 2nd edition is an engaging introduction to criminal law in all Australian jurisdictions
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Criminal Law in Australia provides a clear and accessible introduction to the substantive criminal law in all states and territories of Australia. It encompasses general principles of criminal liability, the major categories of criminal offences, liability for attempts and accessorial liability and concludes with a discussion of the major defences. Interesting scenario problems with suggested responses demonstrate the application of the law in practice. Although primarily written for students, this book is a useful resource for anyone seeking to understand criminal law in Australia.
The second edition has comprehensively updated coverage for all Australian jurisdictions, including the following developments:
- Sexual assault and cognate offences, including affirmative consent provisions
- Homicide, including supply of drugs causing death
- Drug Offences, including reforms allowing for the use of medicinal cannabis
- Defences, including self-defence in Victoria
- Reforms to the law of complicity
- assist readers to understand criminal law principles
- clearly sets out the mens rea, actus reus and substantive law
- includes flowcharts, tables and diagrams
- sample problem with suggested resolution for each chapter
Burton, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia, 2nd ed, 2015
Hemming, Feld & Anthony, Criminal Procedure in Australia, 2nd ed, 2019
Hickie & Lloyd, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Criminal Law for Common Law States, 2nd ed, 2014
Table of contents
Part 1 Introduction
Part 2 Offences Against the Person
- Sexual Offences
Part 3 Property Offences
- Property Offences in New South Wales
- Property Offences in the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory, South Australia and Victoria
- Property Offences in Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania
Part 4 Strict Liability
- Strict Liability
Part 5 Drug Offences
- Drug Offences
Part 6 Attempts and Complicity
- Participation in Crime
Part 7 Defences
- Mistake and Criminal Responsibility
- Mental Impairment and Related Defences