Crime and Mental Health Law in New South Wales, 3rd edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it.
eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
eBooks are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions on MacOS, Windows OS, iOS and Android.
Not compatible with Kobo eReader and Kindle.
For further information, please refer to the eBooks FAQs here
A practical guide to the law on mental health issues that arise within the criminal justice framework in New South Wales
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Crime and Mental Health Law in New South Wales, 3rd edition is a practical guide to the law on mental health issues that arise within the criminal justice framework in New South Wales. It offers comprehensive coverage and clear explanations of all of the important topics in this field and is an ideal resource for lawyers, mental health professionals, correctional health personnel, and anyone else engaged in the fields of criminal law and forensic mental health, or students with an interest in pursuing studies or a career in these areas.
- Practical guidance for practitioners
- Expert authors
- Coverage of developments in legislation and case law
Fairall & Barrett, Criminal Defences, 5th Edition 2017
Croft et al, Waller & Williams Criminal Law: Text and Cases, 13th Edition 2016
Table of contents
- Frequently Encountered Psychiatric Illnesses and Conditions
- Intellectual Disability, Cognitive Impairment, Mental Illness and Mental Conditions – General Considerations
- Mental Health Act 2007: Care, Treatment and Control
- Management of Forensic and Correctional Patients under the Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990
- Fitness to Stand Trial
- The Defence of Mental Illness
- The Partial Defence of Substantial Impairment
- The Interaction of Mental Illness with Other Defences
- Risk: Assessment, Management and Applicable Legal Principles
- Further Sentencing Considerations
- Psychiatric Reports and Opinions
- Psychological Assessment in a Forensic Context
- Psychiatrists and Psychologists in Court Part I: On Being an Expert Witness
- Psychiatrists and Psychologists in Court Part II: The Legal Profession’s View
- Controversial Syndromes and Evidentiary Issues
- Summary Diversion in the Local Court
- Forensic and Correctional Mental Health Services in New South Wales
- Child and Adolescent Forensic Psychiatry